Each year, nearly 1,000 of the world’s most influential social entrepreneurs, key thought leaders and strategic partners gather at the Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford to exchange ideas, solutions and information.
The Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship is the premier international platform for advancing entrepreneurial approaches and solutions to the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs by uniting them with essential partners in a collaborative pursuit of learning, leverage and large-scale social change.
Co-produced by the Skoll Foundation and the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at the Saïd Business School, the Forum shines a spotlight on best practices, new innovations and connecting leaders to one another to further global social progress. Forum delegates represent nearly 65 countries and participate in a range of interactive events in inspiring Oxford locations. We provide a unique platform for delegates to openly share, collaborate, innovate and ultimately, advance social entrepreneurship.
For 2013, the theme was Disruption.
Disruptive innovations can reshape industries, supplant old technologies and topple political regimes. To bring about the scale of change social entrepreneurs envision, they must think like disrupters, first understanding the forces that have created and fueled our greatest challenges, and then designing solutions aimed at nothing less than to bring about a more just, sustainable and prosperous world.
Disruption carves a path, one that calls for business, government and civil society leaders to move beyond incrementalism and to dare, dream and design a whole new way forward. For make no mistake about it: our future, the future of humanity and the planet hangs in the balance. Do we have what it takes to disrupt what is…in order to create what can be?
- Jeff Skoll, Chairman, Jeff Skoll Group, which includes the Skoll Foundation, Skoll Global Threats Fund, Participant Media and Capricorn Investment Group
- Sally Osberg, President and CEO, Skoll Foundation
- Kofi Annan, Nobel Laureate, Former United Nations Secretary-General
- Mohammad Yunus, Nobel Laureate, Grameen Bank
- Gro Harlem Brundtland, Former Prime Minister of Norway and Deputy Chair of The Elders
- Fadi Ghandour, Chairman, WAMDA
- Mary Robinson, Mary Robinson Foundation, Former President of Ireland
- Agnes Binagwaho, Minister of Health, Rwanda
- Annie Lennox, Founder, SING
- Michael Porter, Bishop William Lawrence University Professor, Harvard Business School
- Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder and CEO, Acumen Fund
- Musical performances by Ingoma Nshya and Festival In Exile
View photos from the 2013 Skoll World Forum below: